ONLINE REVIEWS ARE BIG FACTOR IN CONSUMER CHOICES
More people are looking for consumer-generated online reviews than ever, according to BrightLocal’s 2020 Local Consumer Review Survey.1 Consumers are becoming more review-savvy, preferring businesses that receive high volumes of high-scoring reviews on a regular basis.
Key findings of this survey include:
• 93% of consumers used the internet to find a local business in the last year, with 34% looking every day.
• 87% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses.
• The industries in which consumers are most likely to have read reviews are restaurants, hotels, medical, automotive, and clothing stores.
• Only 48% of people would consider using a business with less than four stars.
• 72% of U.S. consumers have written a review for a local business.
• When writing a review, 20% of consumers expect to receive a response within one day.