DON'T LET TECH BE A PAIN IN THE NECK
The term “Tech neck”, meaning the act of stressing muscles while using phones, tablets, and computers, resulting in neck and shoulder pain, stiffness, and soreness. Have you experienced the pain of Tech Neck due to the many hours you spend using your mobile devices? If so, read more to learn ways to ease the strain.
Symptoms of tech neck can include:
- Neck spasms
- Stiff shoulder joints from holding your neck still for long periods of time.
A few ways to prevent Tech Neck Pain:
- Raise the phone and move it closer to eye level.
- Take frequent device breaks and spend some time outside.
- Stand up straight. Good posture with your chin tucked in and your shoulders pulled back, keeps the body aligned in a neutral position.
- Arch and stretch your neck/back.
- Exercise regularly.
Overall, finding simple ways to keep your neck and body more active, rather than hunched over looking at your mobile device, is the best for you.