5 WAYS TO PREPARE FOR A TELEMEDICINE VISIT
With the current circumstances we are dealing with in the world, virtual doctor’s appointments are becoming more and more popular. Telemedicine is convenient and allows you to check in with your provider from the comfort of your home.
There are several ways to prepare for a telemedicine visit to make sure that you make the most of your time online. Here are five top tips:
- Prepare some conversation points: Make a list of your symptoms and concerns to make sure that everything is covered during your 15-20 minute appointment. Depending on the reason of your appointment, some may go longer than 20 minutes.
- Do a practice run: Make sure that your Internet and audio connection is working correctly before your visit. Set yourself up in a quiet and well-lit space before meeting with your provider.
- Write down your questions: Make sure that you speak up and get clarification on anything that you need.
- Take your vitals, if necessary: Your doctor might ask you to take your pulse, temperature, and blood pressure before your appointment. Make sure you check if you should do these manually or with an app on your phone.
- Get a post-visit summary: It can be difficult to remember all of the details from your telemedicine visit. Before you get off with your provider, ask for an overview of what you discussed/any medication instructions.
The providers in the healthcare field want to do anything they can to address your questions and concerns. Get in touch today!