It's Time to Give Back
Dec 20, 2018, 16:29 PM by Emily Acord
Investing in your community is good for your business
- Improved image: You are able to show your community that you company has integrity and strong morals. It is great publicity for your business, often charities and non for profits like to show their appreciation by calling out their supporters in media releases.
- Employee Engagement: According to Deloitte’s “2017 Volunteerism Survey,” nearly 9 out of 10 (89%) working Americans believe that companies that sponsor volunteer activities offer a better overall working environment than those that do not as sited in recent Forbes article. More engaged employees provide better service and are more productive.
- Networking Opportunities: If you are out and about volunteering in an area that you offer service everyone you meet is a potential customer. Expanding your network is a great way to spread the word about your company and gain additional business.
Ways your company can give back
- Serve as a middle man. Be the drop off location for donation that a charity is collecting such as school supplies, food drive items or holiday gifts.
- Offer your business services at a local event for free or at a reduced rate.
- Discuss with employees which organizations they would like to volunteer at as a group or allow employees to choose their own and give them time off to volunteer. A tip for finding a good fit for your employees you may want to contact your local Chamber of Commerce.
- Use social media to announce fundraising events; help to spread the word to a wider audience on local events in order to help that organization.