Data Privacy Day is January 28th!
Jan 25, 2021, 15:23 PM
Data Privacy Day occurs every year on January 28th as a reminder to carefully manage your privacy settings on your devices and online services. This nationally recognized day is a perfect opportunity for individuals to evaluate their personal cybersecurity.
Our personal data is collected and used through a variety of media outlets. In today’s society, large amounts of personal data can easily be distributed on the internet.
Here are some steps you can take to protect yourself:
- On any new device, set your privacy settings IMMEDIATELY! This includes new applications, social media, programs, etc.
- Never use unsecured WiFi- especially for banking or shopping.
- Always keep your software up to date.
- Never give personal information over the phone, email, or text.
- Use strong password phases. The longer the password the better.
Spread awareness of Data Privacy Day by using #DataPrivacyDay when you post on social media!
Click the link for detailed instructions on how to safely manage your privacy settings: Manage Your Privacy Settings - Stay Safe Online