Telecom Center Specialist
Who We Are:
Madison Communications is a nationally recognized communications company located in Southwest Central Illinois. We are a premier provider of data, voice and video communications utilizing cutting edge technology. Madison delivers a wide array of Enterprise and Consumer products and services while providing superior customer support.
Madison is looking for a passionate and energetic individual who will oversee the installations, maintenance, and testing of all telecom centers and remote/node sites for the delivery of voice, video, and broadband services. Responsibilities include installation, maintenance, and design of access provider network equipment, customer network equipment, and support of Headend/Data Center related functions to meet company/customer needs.
Essential Job Functions:
continuous operation of switching, phone systems, transmission, transport and
broadband equipment by overseeing maintenance of existing equipment, and
installation and acceptance testing of new equipment.
customer networks, evaluate customer needs to design, quote and install a customer
phone system solution/data network.
provision, install and test Layer 2 or Layer 3 circuits in various systems.
- Performs daily checks of traffic and performance
- Reviews switch and
broadband equipment status reports and recommends areas for improvement.
- Reviews/monitors equipment logs and ensures that
problems and issues are resolved.
- Prepares specifications for new equipment and
oversees any changes or upgrades to equipment.
projects handled by external vendors by preparing projects for bid, determining
vendors to be used, and overseeing projects to ensure specifications and
requirements are met.
upgrades and changes are completed in a manner with least negative effect on service,
which requires off hours maintenance window/night work.
- Prepares telecom network
maintenance/progress reports and presents to Network Operations
- Accesses network equipment
and customer network equipment and designs voice/video/broadband solutions that
meet customer needs utilizing company products and services.
- Creates, maintains and
audits network documentation of company and customer data and voice networks.
in troubleshooting Data, Video and Voice circuits with knowledge of HFC, Fiber
and Twisted Pair infrastructure and services to be maintained to State and
Federal regulatory standards.
all other related duties as assigned by management.*
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Hands-on experience installing and troubleshooting network level systems including but not limited to LAN/WAN technology, IP addressing schemes, subnetting, industry standard routing protocols, software, hardware and servers, etc.
- Experience with packet capture and analysis
products such as Wireshark, Sniffer, and Netscout.
to troubleshooting SIP, HPBX and PBX systems.
versed in all common Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking protocols.
of network protocols: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, Spanning Tree, HSRP, LACP and
- Basic knowledge of network firewalls,
routers, pc/server hardware, and various operating systems.
- Knowledge and ability to work on
electronics, AC power, DC power and grounding in data center/telecom
in technical problem solving and resolution.
- Ability to read and interpret documents
such as schematics, blueprints and circuit diagrams.
- Motivated in having the ability to
communicate, work cross-functionally with other departments, vendors, customers
and be able to work independently in making sound technical decisions.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced,
ever-changing environment and to stay current with job knowledge through
additional training and periodic follow-up training.
- Ability to work a variety of hours, on-call
and occasional extended schedules.
- Extensive knowledge of word processing,
spreadsheets, and database computer applications (preferably Microsoft Word,
Excel, and Access).
- Ability to perceive color differences.
Education, Experience, and Requirements:
- Valid Illinois driver’s license required and CDL certification preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Associate Degree and/or the equivalent experience and Technical Certifications in related fields required. BS in IT related degree preferred.
- Preferred experience in the following: HPBX, VOIP, PBX, MetaSwitch, Calix, Cyan, Ciena, Nortel, Avaya, Cisco, Wireshark, Networking, T1, T-Berd, Viavi, JDSU, Telnet, SSH, TCP/IP.
- Preferred Certifications i.e.: CCNA, CCNP, MEF, CompTIA, SCTE, MetaSwitch or Calix.
Madison values intellectually curious-minded professionals who are interested in aggressively learning and sharing new concepts and skills to support an independent, family-owned business in expansion opportunities and partnerships needed to effectively compete. Accordingly, consideration will be made for candidates that have business experience outside of the specifications listed above. Salary will be based on experience, skill level and education for the target position. Madison is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Network Operations Specialist
Start Date/Duration Flexible, with opportunity to start immediately
Education Associates Degree required/Bachelor's Degree preferred
Reports To Network Operations Supervisor
Manages Others No
Industry Communications, Video and Data Services
Required Travel Minimal
Find Us At www.gomadison.com/aboutus/careers
Email Us firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference #: 351-01