Who We Are:
Madison Communications is a nationally recognized communications company located in Southwest Central Illinois. We are a premier provider of data, voice and video communications utilizing cutting edge technology. Madison delivers a wide array of Enterprise and Consumer products and services while providing superior customer support.
Performs intermediate level accounting functions and business functions in support of various company departments. Responsible for a variety of accounting functions, including account reconciliations, ledger maintenance, workpaper preparation and financial reporting in accordance with established guidelines and procedures. Responsibilities also include the preparation and posting of journal entries, analyses and reporting for the management team. Communicates across all Company departments and employee levels.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs a variety of accounting functions, including account reconciliations, preparation of financial reporting, workpaper preparation and analysis.
- Prepares monthly trial balance review, account and variance analysis
- Prepares posting entries to specified accounts and journal entries
- Assists with the capital asset work order, retirement and depreciation process, including preparation of supporting workpapers, journal entries and continuous property records.
- Maintains general ledger by posting entries to specified accounts, preparing journal entries and creating accrual entries. Reconciles accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with the work order process, including adjusting inventory and maintaining expense related schedules.
- Assists with various Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Universal Service Administration Company (USAC) and Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assists with the preparation of workpapers as required for the year-end audit by the public accounting firm.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the accounting department and Madison companies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Employee should have an excellent attitude and personality with a desire to learn and expand his/her horizons by working for a progressive telecommunications company.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Acquired knowledge of Company policies/procedures, products and services and billing/operational support systems.
- Skill in operating various office equipment, such as personal computer, various software programs (especially Microsoft products), ten key adding machine, copier, fax, and telephone system.
- Skill in reading, analyzing and interpreting accounting, statistical and financial data.
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player and make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
Madison values intellectually curious-minded professionals who are interested in aggressively learning and sharing new concepts and skills to support an independent, family-owned business in expansion opportunities and partnerships needed to effectively compete. Accordingly, consideration will be made for candidates that have business experience outside of the specifications listed above. Salary will be based on experience, skill level and education for the target position. Madison offers a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and life insurance; company paid 401k program; company paid holidays; paid sick and personal time-off; and educational reimbursement. Madison is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Accountant
Education Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Reports To Accounting Manager
Manages Others No
Industry Communications, Video and Data Services (experience a plus)
Required Travel Minimal
Find Us At www.gomadison.com/aboutus/careers
Email Us email@example.com