Madison Communications is a nationally recognized communications company located in Southwest Central Illinois. We are a premier provider of data, voice, and video communications utilizing cutting edge technology. Madison delivers a wide array of Enterprise and Consumer products and services while providing superior customer support.
If you have a competitive spirit, an interest in maximizing your money-making opportunities, and a drive to succeed, this position is for you!
This position provides top-notch, professional customer sales and support for our residential and small business customers. The individual will sell and promote the Madison brand of services and products to new and existing customers. In addition, this position assists customers with new service requests, upgrades, saves, disconnects, and ensures quality of completion for all services.
Essential Job Functions:
• Promote and sell services to new and existing customers. Knowledge of latest advertising campaigns, special offers, and other marketing campaigns that the system provides. Ability to explain campaigns/special offers thoroughly to the customers over the phone, in person, or email.
• Ability to meet established sales goals and profit objectives.
• Assist customers with new service requests, service plan changes, move orders, disconnects, service questions, and any other concerns along with completing appropriate order/request forms.
• Communicate (verbally and in writing) daily with customers and internal personnel to ensure that all company requirements are met and that the customer experience is premium from start to finish.
• Provide quotes to customers for equipment and products available while providing support and education to customers on utilizing and adoption of latest data-centric product set.
• Increase market share/product penetration and reduce product churn in order to ensure profitable revenue generation.
• Complete credit checks on new customers, as appropriate.
Must have a positive “CAN DO” attitude with a willingness to engage collaboratively in a dynamic, team and service-oriented environment.
• Process custom requests, perform product and service audits to identify, track and resolve any issues.
• Assist customers with billing questions and issues.
• Provide follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Research best practices to determine appropriate course of action.
• Develop and send correspondence including letters, product information, welcome packets, etc.
• Receive and process customer payments.
• Troubleshoot and solve client disputes including working with other internal departments for further investigation.
• Handle disconnects and reconnect of services for customer with late payments and contact customer for delinquent payments.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.*
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to build relationships with new and existing customer base.
• Ability to identify opportunities and close the sale efficiently.
• Ability to overcome customer objections and negotiate to ensure profitability.
• Ability to acquire new customers and prospects.
• Ability to learn new processes, tools, and technologies.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work load to meet deadlines.
• Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and phone communication skills.
• Strong and accurate data entry skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
• Knowledge of telecommunications technology, products, and services.
• Knowledge of CRM/Billing Platform.
• Knowledge of policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of marketing and sales practices, principles, and latest campaigns.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma required/Associate’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of sales, customer service, and data entry experience in an office environment.
• Telecommunications, Cable Television and/or Technical Data experience is a plus.
Madison values intellectually curious-minded professionals who are interested in aggressively learning and sharing new concepts and skills to support an independent, family-owned business in expansion opportunities and partnerships needed to effectively compete. Accordingly, consideration will be made for candidates that have business experience outside of the specifications listed above. Salary will be based on experience, skill level, and education for the target position. Madison is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type Part Time or Full-Time available
Job Type Customer Care Specialist (Sales)
Start Date/Duration Flexible, with opportunity to start immediately
Education High School Diploma required / Associate’s Degree preferred
Reports To Manager of Sales and Marketing
Manages Others No
Industry Communications, Video and Data Services
Required Travel Minimal
Find Us At www.gomadison.com/aboutus/careers
Email Us email@example.com
Reference #: 099-10