Mechanic / Facilities Maintenance Personnel
Who We Are:
Madison Communications is a nationally recognized communications company located in Southwest Central Illinois. We are the premier provider of data, voice, and video communications utilizing cutting edge technology. Madison delivers a wide array of Enterprise and Consumer products and services while providing superior customer support.
Candidate will maintain and repair company vehicles, trailers, equipment, structures, environmental systems, and emergency power generators. Preferred candidate will be capable of diagnosing and repairing the afore mentioned items. Candidate will develop and follow maintenance schedules, perform periodic safety checks and keep maintenance records.
Essential Job Functions:
- Diagnose malfunctions and repair of vehicles, equipment, and systems by following manuals and using hand tools and power tools.
- Repairs or replaces vehicles systems including but not limited to transmissions, brake system, drivetrain, suspension, electrical, steering and ignition systems.. Overhauls gas and diesel engines.
- Performs routine maintenance including oil changes, battery replacements, new tire installations and alignments.
- Ensures all vehicles and equipment pass state and federal regulations by developing and implementing maintenance schedules for all vehicles. Keeps vehicle records including maintenance, mileage and usage logs.
- Maintains shop area, garage and related equipment. Orders tools, parts and other automotive equipment as needed.
- Maintains mechanical equipment and structures including environmental systems and emergency power generators.
- Maintains buildings by inspecting and repairing plumbing, electrical, building fixtures and woodwork as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of automotive system(s) repair and maintenance practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of electrical, power transmission, brake and other vehicle systems.
- Skill in operating various diagnostic equipment, various hand tools, and power tools.
- Skill in reading automotive manuals and charts.
- Skill in problem solving
- Knowledge of electrical systems, plumbing systems, HVAC systems, and general building maintenance.
- Ability to weld and fabricate.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations.
Education and Experience:
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License Required and CDL Certification Preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
Madison values intellectually curious-minded professionals who are interested in aggressively learning and sharing new concepts and skills to support an independent, family-owned business in expansion opportunities and partnerships needed to effectively compete. Accordingly, consideration will be made for candidates that have business experience outside of the specifications listed above.
Salary will be based on experience, skill level and education for the target position. Madison offers a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and life insurance; company paid 401k program; company paid holidays; paid sick and personal time-off; and educational reimbursement. Madison is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Mechanic / Facilities Maintenance
Reference ID: MECH-516-11
Education High School Diploma
Reports To Manager Technical Operations
Manages Others No
Industry Communications, Video and Data Services
Required Travel Daily Vehicle Provided