Who We Are:
Madison Communications is a nationally recognized communications company located in Southwest Central Illinois. We are the premier provider of data, voice, and video communications utilizing cutting edge technology. Madison delivers a wide array of Enterprise and Consumer products and services while providing superior customer support. Madison offers a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision coverage and life insurance; company paid 401k program; company paid holidays; paid sick and personal time-off; and educational reimbursement. Madison is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidate will install, maintain, and service customer connections delivered via cable television and telephone OSP network systems. Preferred candidate will be capable of configuring and programming customer premise equipment, perform inside wiring installation/repair on new and existing subscriber services. Candidate must have effective customer sales and service skills capable of troubleshooting and recommending product solutions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Install, maintain and program all video, voice and data service offerings, along with associated equipment, for new and existing subscribers using Madison Communications, Inc. specifications. Included, but not limited to, aerial and buried drop wire, network interface devices, inside wiring, appropriate filters, digital and analog set top converters, cable modems, and other associated equipment.
- Proficient at analyzing and isolating cable television drop problems from subscriber set to system tap. Knowledge of locating all underground facilities, including fiber, copper, conduit, and manholes.
- Proficient at analyzing and isolating telephone problems from CO to subscriber CPE.
- Ability to correctly interprets and neatly completes service orders, trouble tickets, reports of plant condition, cut line reports, time sheets, and other reports as required.
- Ensures quality customer service by responding to customer inquiries, problems, and complaints. Must be available for scheduled on-call rotation and emergency service restoral upon request.
- Capable of interpreting system maps to obtain service order information, including pole number, amplifier number, and map number for subscriber plant records.
- Performs are sales, support and service functions as assigned by Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of cable television and telephone test equipment operation to develop effective trouble isolation.
- Knowledge of OSP Network Architecture required to provision and maintain Voice, Video and Data services deliver via cable television and telephone system infrastructure.
- Knowledge of electronic components such as modems, wireless routers, TV’s, stereos, home entertainment systems, computers and Enterprise CPE equipment.
- Knowledge of fiber optic, copper, coaxial distribution facilities including aerial, conduit and manhole network configurations.
- Knowledge of VoIP, Home Networking, High Speed Internet Equipment, RFOG, HPBX and CAT5 CPE applications/equipment.
- Capable of Customer Sales and Education on products and services
- Capable of safely operating all service vehicles, hand tools, and construction equipment.
- Proficient in reading, interpreting, and preparing documents, such as service orders, system maps, trouble tickets, and time sheets.
- Skilled in problem solving/resolution and effectively communicating with customers, co-workers, and strategic enterprise and community contacts in a technical, professional and courteous manner.
- Must effectively function as a team player.
- Motivated in having the ability to work cross-functionally with other departments and be able to work independently in making sound technical decisions.
Education and Experience:
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License Required and CDL Certification Preferred
- Preferred Candidate will have a two (2) year technical degree or equivalent experience in the installation and maintenance of CATV and /or telecommunication equipment. Functional working knowledge of MetaSwitch, Calix, Arris CMTS, Aurora, Cisco Certification and Avaya CPE solutions a plus.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
Madison values intellectually curious-minded professionals who are interested in aggressively learning and sharing new concepts and skills to support an independent, family-owned business in expansion opportunities and partnerships needed to effectively compete. Accordingly, consideration will be made for candidates that have business experience outside of the specifications listed above. Salary will be based on experience, skill level and education for the target position. Madison offers a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and life insurance; company paid 401k program; company paid holidays; paid sick and personal time-off; and educational reimbursement. Madison is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Type Installer Maintenance Combo Technician
Reference ID: IMCT-217-01
Education Two Year Technical Degree or Equivalent Experience
Reports To Manager Technical Operations
Manages Others No
Industry Communications, Video and Data Services (experience a plus)
Required Travel Daily Vehicle Provided
Find Us At www.gomadison.com/aboutus/careers
Reference #: 307-02