Who We Are:
Madison Communications is a nationally recognized communications company located in Southwest Central Illinois. We are a premier provider of data, voice and video communications utilizing cutting edge technology. Madison delivers a wide array of Enterprise and Consumer products and services while providing superior customer support.
Madison is looking for a passionate and energetic individual who desires to assist the IT team in various roles including supporting Madison business and residential internet customers. In addition, the role will help to provision and configure customer premises equipment, including modems, gateways, routers, and switches. The role will also include administrative duties and managing internal projects. Most importantly, an ideal candidate needs to be motivated and open to learning new skills and tactics.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with provisioning and configuring customer premises equipment.
- Assist with local systems support, including deployment of local systems, desktops, laptops, printers, and other common network devices.
- Provide technical support for Madison customers and employees, both remotely and in person.
- Utilize Madison systems to identify customer outages and escalate as necessary.
- Utilize Madison systems to address service escalations, document customer interactions, and document customer follow-up activities.
- Work with other Madison network personnel during maintenance activities, including potential off-hours maintenance windows.
- Assist the IT team with a variety of other related tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Hold or working towards Technical Certifications, CompTIA A+, Network +, Cisco CCNA
- Employee should have a desire to learn and expand their horizons by working for a progressive telecommunications company.
- An entrepreneurial attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn.
- A proactive, service-minded attitude towards customers and internal support teams.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
Madison values inquisitive professionals who wish to aggressively learn and share new concepts and skills. They will support an independent, family-owned business with expansion opportunities and the partnerships needed to effectively compete. Accordingly, consideration will be made for candidates that have business experience outside of the specifications listed above. Internship will be compensated based on experience, skill level, and education, for the target position. Madison offers a generous benefits internship package, including company paid holidays, paid vacation, and company paid 401K program. Madison is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type Part-Time or Full-Time
Job Type IT Internship
Start Date/Duration Flexible with the opportunity to start immediately upon hire.
Education Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or other Communications related technical field
Reports To Director of Information Technology
Manages Others No
Industry Communications, Video and Data Services
Required Travel Minimal local travel. Valid Driver’s License required.
Find Us At www.gomadison.com/aboutus/careers
Email Us firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference #: IT-185-01