Who We Are:
Madison Communications is a nationally recognized communications company located in Southwest Central Illinois. We are a premier provider of data, voice and video communications utilizing cutting edge technology. Madison delivers a wide array of Enterprise and Consumer products and services while providing superior customer support.
Madison is looking for a passionate and energetic individual who desires to help clean and maintain company plant facilities and office buildings to ensure a safe, productive and orderly work environment. The position will require the ability to maintain a flexible schedule to support a multifaceted Madison Team. This position will perform various roles associated with the oversight of the general cleaning, upkeep, and maintenance of company buildings and grounds. This position will perform routine maintenance on custodial equipment and make minor repairs to buildings, grounds and office equipment/furnishings. The position will be responsible for purchasing of building and maintenance supplies, and will perform daily courier runs for office personnel. The ideal candidate needs to be a flexible, self-starter, able to work independently and function as a team player.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cleans buildings and plant facilities performing tasks such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and dusting.
- Maintain grounds through sweeping, weed control, trash, and recycling disposal. Clears walkways to ensure safe employee and customer passage. Performs repairs as needed to maintain landscaping, fencing, etc. Shreds documents and collects other recycling materials as needed.
- Performs routine maintenance including trash and recycling containers, replacing light bulbs, light fixtures, plumbing fixtures, and simple repairs to furnishings as needed.
- Performs daily courier functions relating to document pickup/delivery at post offices, lockboxes, and banking locations.
- Maintains buildings by inspecting, performing or tracking/reporting needed repairs associated plumbing, electrical systems, building fixtures, and woodwork as needed
- Conducts periodic inventories to monitor stock levels and ascertain purchasing needs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of company policies and adheres to proper safety procedures.
- Capable of a flexible work schedule in order to meet the general maintenance and custodial responsibilities that are assigned.
- Knowledge of cleaning products and solutions.
- Knowledge of general building maintenance and grounds repair activity.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Skill in operating various hand and power tools.
- Skill in solving scheduling conflicts and task oriented problems.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers in a professional, courteous manner to effectively function as a team player supporting a multi-departmental organization.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to organize, set objectives and prioritize multiple work assignments in an efficient, productive manner in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to understand and verify requisitions, packing slips, invoices, and other records.
Madison values employees that display a professional attitude and are interested in aggressively supporting, learning and contributing their skills/knowledge to support an independent, family-owned business. Madison desires a candidate wishing to expand their opportunity to grow with our company. Accordingly, consideration will be made for candidates that have consummate experience that may be outside of the specifications listed above. Wage will be based on relevant experience, skill level and education targeted for this position. Madison offers a generous benefits package, including company paid holidays, paid personal, paid vacation and company paid 401K program.
Madison is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type Part-Time
Job Type Custodian
Education High School Diploma or Equivalent
Reports To Departmental Manager
Manages Others No
Industry Communications, Video and Data Services
Required Travel None
Find Us At www.gomadison.com/aboutus/careers
Reference #: 329-20